Donations & Fundraising
We need to raise around £75,000 each year to maintain our services, expand existing provision and pilot new initiatives. Headway Bristol could not operate without the generous support of our fundraisers, donors and volunteers, to whom we are so grateful. Every pledge of support, item donated and penny raised is invaluable to us and the people that we support.
Other ways you can support Headway Bristol…
Organize a fundraising event
Organise your own event or get involved in one of ours. There are plenty of ways to get your school, community group, family and friends involved.
- Host a social event such as a ball or dinner dance
- Hold a golf day at your local club
- Organise a table top sale at your village hall or community centre
- Organise a fashion show or concert and charge for admission
- Hold a pub quiz, race night or coffee morning
- Organise a BBQ, Family Fun Day, and/or Raffle
- Bake cakes or biscuits and hold a sale or sell them to family, friends and colleagues
- Run, walk, cycle or swim. There are many organised events in the area that you can take part in
We can offer you support for your event and provide sponsorship forms, posters, flyers, collecting tins and anything else you may need to make your event a huge success.
It’s simple (and completely free) to set up a fundraising page on JustGiving. It only takes 60 seconds to get up and running. You can write out your personal fundraising story, add photos and even video and colour to your page. Best of all, it’s all incredibly simple to do. It’s the easy way to collect your sponsor money, it will increase the amount that you raise for Headway Bristol as Gift Aid is added to your donors contributions automatically.
Please don’t forget to gift aid your donation.
If you are a UK taxpayer, under the Gift Aid scheme every £10 you give is worth £12.50 to Headway Bristol. We can reclaim the tax you have already paid on your gift. It doesn’t matter what rate of tax you pay as long as you pay an amount of income or capital gains tax equal to the tax we reclaim on your donations in that financial year.
Share Your Story
Help us raise awareness by sharing your story. We want to recognise all individuals and families whos lives have been affected by brain injury.
– Share your personal stories of acceptance, triumph and inclusion and help us honour your personal journey and increase awareness of Brain Injury.
– Tell your own experience – the good, the challenging and what you wish for others to know about Brain Injury.
– Your stories will be published on our website and shared across our social media platforms – you can choose if this is anonymous or not.
– Include a photograph or tell your story in a video if you feel comfortable too.
How can you share your story?
-Make a Video
-Speak to a member of staff
Did you know you can donate to us without even spending a penny? By signing up to ‘Give as you Live’, everytime you shop at retailers such as Amazon, Headway Bristol will receive a percentage donation without any cost to you. It’s simple and easy to set up, then you can sit back, shop and know you are helping raise funds for us without any extra effort or cost. Click here to sign up and choose Headway Bristol as your cause.
- Donate your old and unwanted mobile phones and used inkjet cartridges to us and we will recycle them for cash, it helps us and it helps the environment.
- We can raise money by recycling British and overseas stamps.
- Recycle your old car and donate to charity at http://giveacar.co.uk/
- Sell your unwanted items on ebay and donate a % of the sale to Headway Bristol
Frenchay Beckspool Building
Frenchay Park Road
General Queries and Information
0117 414 3222
Contact Hospital Navigators Directly