21 Hrs – Part Time 2-Year Fixed Term Contract With Potential To Become Permanent
Fully Funded By The Big Lotto
BASE: Headway Centre/ Outposts
RESPONSIBLE TO: Services Manager
HOURS OF WORK: 21hrs Part Time
Hourly rate commences at £11.80 hour (£21,476 pa full time/pro rata)
Are you passionate about making a difference to an individual’s life following a brain injury?
Do you have a can-do attitude and the ability to motivate others?
Are you able to problem solve and use your initiative?
Do you have the skills to empower others leading them to independence?
We are looking to grow our team at Headway Bristol seeking dynamic individuals to work across our outreach and centre/ outposts services .
We provide a specialist service working across Bristol, South Glos and North Somerset
We are looking for enthusiastic people to join our team. We are currently recruiting for part time between 21 and 28 hours per week to work across Monday- Friday.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Supporting adults with an acquired brain injury helping them develop their social and cognitive skills leading them to independence
- Leading and planning one to one or group activities
- Provision of some very basic personal care (within our centre)
- researching and planning activities in line with person centred care plans
- Help individuals regain their confidence, learn new skills, and redevelop old ones.
- Involve yourself with other charity activities such as fundraising events etc
Requirements & Skills:
- applicants ideally to have an NVQ2 qualification in Health care or equivalent qualification/experience in social care
- a full driving license and use of a car is essential for this role, mini bus driving training will be provided
- the ability to demonstrate initiative, enthusiasm, flexibility and be able to use own initiative
- An awareness and understanding of the sensory, cognitive, and physical disability of a person who has sustained a brain injury or other similar condition such as stroke, dementia or mental health would be desirable
- IT skills
- Our core services are delivered Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm
- Hourly rate commences at £11.80 hour (£21,476 pa full time/pro rata)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Free parking on site
- Stakeholder pension.
- Training and development programme
- Focused on maintaining high standards
- Supportive of continuous improvements
- Displays respect and integrity with others
- Shows initiative and a common sense approach
- Able to promote good working relationships
- Supportive of the Charity’s aims and objectives
Contact 0117 414 3222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.